How to Leverage a Wedding Open House or Show to Help You Plan Your Dream Wedding!
Is a wedding open house or wedding show the golden tickets to unlocking wedding planning success? Almost as soon as couples change their status to “engaged” they are bombarded with ads for these events. And it often raises the question: Are they worth it? As wedding photographers with over a decade of experience, here is our take.
What Is a Wedding Open House or Wedding Show?
Before diving into the exploration of their worth, let’s understand these events. Wedding Open Houses and Shows are curated gatherings where vendors, venues, and experts in the wedding industry come together under one roof to showcase their services, products, and expertise. These events offer an immersive experience, providing couples with a firsthand glimpse into what their dream wedding could entail.
One of the biggest differences is location. Wedding open houses are typically an open house for a certain venue. You will be able to tour the venue and speak with the staff. A smaller number of vendors from the venue’s preferred vendor list will be there. Wedding shows tend to be much larger and housed at a central location, such as a convention center. There will be many more vendors, with several in each category, to speak with.
The Value of Wedding Open Houses and Shows
- Inspiration Galore: Explore various vendors’ offerings, from stunning floral arrangements to mesmerizing décor setups. Open Houses provide helpful visuals, sparking creativity and helping you envision your ideal wedding day.
- Meet & Greet with Experts: Connect directly with vendors and professionals. Engage in meaningful conversations, gather insights, and benefit from their expertise. This personal interaction can be invaluable when selecting the perfect team to bring your vision to life.
- Exclusive Offers and Deals: Many vendors at these events provide special offers, discounts, or packages exclusive to attendees. Seize the opportunity to snag deals that align with your budget without compromising on quality.
- Tasting and Samples: Indulge in tastings and samples offered by caterers, bakers, and other vendors. This firsthand experience allows you to make informed decisions about the flavors and styles that resonate with your preferences.
- Venue Exploration: Experience venues firsthand. Wander through beautifully set spaces, envisioning how they could host your celebration. This tangible experience can immensely influence your venue selection process.
Four Tips for Maximizing Your Wedding Open House Experience
If you decide to visit a local wedding show or open house, here are 4 tips to help make your experience worth your time:
- Plan Ahead: Research participating vendors and prioritize those aligning with your vision. Create a checklist or schedule to ensure you make the most of your time at the event.
- Ask Questions: Engage with vendors, seeking clarity on services, pricing, and availability. Don’t hesitate to ask for portfolio samples or testimonials to gauge their work quality.
- Take Notes and Photos: Document your favorite elements, jot down vendor details, and snap photos to recall the standout features that resonate with your vision.
- Be Open-Minded: Stay open to new ideas and possibilities presented by vendors, even if you have a vision in mind. They might introduce elements that elevate your wedding concept.
*Bonus tip – you will be asked many times to share your name, wedding date, phone number, and email address. Print out a few sheets of mailing labels with all of that information pre-written! That way you can just peel and stick your information on vendor’s lead lists!
So, Are Wedding Open Houses and Shows Worth It?
Absolutely. These events serve as immersive, informative experiences offering tons of benefits that streamline your wedding planning journey. They provide inspiration, facilitate connections, and often yield exclusive deals, making them a valuable asset in crafting your dream celebration.
Attending wedding shows and open houses is a worthwhile endeavor for couples seeking inspiration, guidance, and connections within the wedding industry.
Prepare to be captivated, inspired, and equipped to curate the wedding of your dreams.
For more wedding planning tips, click HERE !
This blog post is geared toward brides planning their wedding and aims to showcase the value of attending a Wedding Venue Open House or Wedding Show. Images from this blog were taken at the Event at Two Ten and feature vendors Tammy K Designs, Curbside Cakery, Alpha Lit Triad, Swoozies, the Sugar Smith NC, and more!