Olivia and Dylan’s Wilkesboro Farm Wedding at Fussell Estate was a bright, colorful start to the summer wedding season.
There are some people you meet in life and they make you immediately feel at ease. That is Dylan and Olivia. Dylan has a strong, steady presence that is matched perfectly by Olivia’s sweet spirit. We enjoyed every step of the process with them, from their consultation, to their engagement session, and even beyond their wedding day. They have been absolute dream clients for us! That is why I am taking a moment to look back at their beautiful wedding from last summer.
The setting for this day was Fussell Estate – the perfect back drop in Wilkesboro for their rustic farm wedding. I asked Olivia, “Why did you choose Fussell Estate as your wedding venue?” and she responded:
“It had the outdoor space and guest count accommodations that we were looking for. It is a good mix of mine and Dylan’s style, plus the river and the granite rocks are unparalleled to any other venue. We also really got along with the venue owner, Vickie.”
The Color Inspiration
When asked about her design inspiration for the wedding, Olivia said, “We are going for a happy, clean, fresh feel. Naturally, I picked my colors by which flowers I liked the most (coral charm peony, coral poppies with yellow centers, free spirit rose and ranunculus).”
The flowers were incredibly important to Olivia, as she studied horticulture in college. She chose flowers that would fit her vision and fill the space with color. The florals for this Wilksboro Farm Wedding were designed by Dish Garden Art. The bouquet is almost identical to the one she used for her Bridal Session.
The best part of the wedding day? All of the beautiful little moments we were able to capture for them! There were so many bear hugs and happy tears!
How were they able to squeeze in so many amazing moments for their wedding day for us to capture? Here are a few things Olivia and Dylan chose to do that made their day go so smoothly and gave them. lots of images of their day:
- They chose our collection of two photographers with at least 8 hours of coverage. This was a benefit for two reasons – two photographers are able to capture double of what only one photographer can. Also, we can literally be in two places at once and not miss any angles! The second reason is that we were there for 8 hours – they were able schedule so many things during that time that we would be able to photograph.
- Everything was on-site. This was a large venue to be sure, but the bride and groom were able to get ready, get married, and host their reception all on the same party. Traveling between venues can be a real time suck!
- Olivia prioritized what was most important and scheduled into the day. The photos below were not a random coincidence. The couple knew that both sets of grandparents would be present and they wanted to create a special time with just them. They gave each grandparent and parent a special gift and they shared words of wisdom and blessings for their marriage.
- Olivia and Dylan chose to do a first look. You can read more about If a First Look is Right for You? HERE, but let me explain why it worked for them. Olivia created a special memory with her dad by doing a first look with him first. She then did a first look with Dylan, who can be very shy. This was a beautiful moment between the two of them. They created a new wedding tradition for the family. They even exchanged personal vows privately, before the official vows during the ceremony. Because of this, they had more time together on their wedding day and got way more photos of the two of them and their wedding party.
The Amazing Vendor Team of Olivia and Dylan’s Wilkesboro Farm Wedding at Fussell Estates
- Venue: Fussell Estate
- Cake: Maddie Cakes
- Flowers: Dish Garden Art
- Dress: Lasting Impressions and Morilee
- Hair and Makeup: @honeyed_salon @reichshelby @madison_nicole_davis
- Tux: Men’s Warehouse
- Invitations: Anna Howe Design
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Azazie
- DJ: 815 Events
- Videography: Camel City Videography
- Rentals: China Hutch Vintage Rentals